- The Contract will be between the seller: Woodstock Shutter Company Ltd (herein after referred to as Woodstock Shutter Company), whose UK registration number is 10153519 and whose registered office is, 98-102 South Street Dorking Surrey RH4 2EW, and the Customer (herein after referred to as the ‘Customer’), whose name and address is detailed on the accepted quotation for services to be provided by Woodstock Shutter Company,
- Acceptance by the Customer of a Woodstock Shutter Company quotation[s] includes acceptance of these Standard Terms and Conditions.
- Any variation or addition to these Standard Terms and Conditions agreed between Woodstock Shutter Company and the Customer will be detailed on the confirmation of order. Such additions or variations will apply in conjunction with these Standard Terms and Conditions, except where specifically indicated and agreed otherwise.
- All parties acting jointly as the Customer, i.e. spouse and/or domestic partners etc., shall be jointly liable for the terms of the accepted contract.
- Quotations provided to the Customer will be based on the requirements and/or information given by the Customer. Quotations will be subject to alteration, variation or refusal, if the required work content and/or specification changes and/or the information provided is incorrect.
- Due to the bespoke nature of Woodstock Shutter Company products, the company is exempt from the 14-Day cancellation period under the Consumer Contracts (information, cancellation and additional charges) Regulations 2013.
- Materials subject to special order or delayed delivery lead times that could result in wholesale price changes will be detailed as such on the quotation, for acceptance by the customer. Any such price variations will be subject to verification provided by Woodstock Shutter Company and the customer shall be liable for payment of the difference in price, including additional taxes and duties.
- Quotations shall remain open for acceptance by the Customer for a period of 30 days, unless otherwise indicated.
WOODSTOCK SHUTTER COMPANY OBLIGATIONS.
- Woodstock Shutter Company agrees to provide the materials and/or carry out the work as detailed on the quotation and duly signed as accepted by the Customer, in a timely, professional and competent manner and to meet with all regulatory and safety standards at all times.
- Woodstock Shutter Company assures that all operatives involved with the work shall be appropriately skilled and qualified as necessary for the work they undertake and further, that all apprentices and non-skilled operatives shall be properly instructed and supervised at all times.
- Woodstock Shutter Company agrees to comply with all Health and Safety requirements and directives as issued by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in respect of all parties (customers, workers, the public and other persons), as related to and relevant to the work.
- Woodstock Shutter Company warrants that all equipment, tools, machinery and sundry items used in fulfilling the Contract shall be of the appropriate type, and conform to current safety standards at all times.
- Woodstock Shutter Company obligates that all materials supplied under the contract shall be of the type and standard specified within the quotation to the Customer, and in all cases shall comply with any relevant current British, European or International Standard as appropriate.
- Woodstock Shutter Company will provide an anticipated delivery and/or installation date to the customer at the time of acceptance of the quotation. A delivery and/or installation date will be agreed with the customer, subject to the commitments of Woodstock Shutter Company and the Customer, once the final date of manufacture and/or supply is known.
- Should assistance or additional manpower be required for unloading the goods, Woodstock Shutter Company note the requirement on the quotation and, at the discretion of the Customer, Woodstock Shutter Company shall either include for the required assistance within the quoted price or, the Customer will commit to provide the additional manpower. In the case of the latter the customer shall be liable for any costs resulting from the failure to provide the agreed assistance. Such costs shall include, but not be limited to, redelivery, the provision of required manpower, lost labour time and profit.
- The Customer shall ensure that access to the work premises is available to Woodstock Shutter Company operatives at all working times, generally between 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, unless otherwise agreed and specified.
- The Customer warrants that the area of the works is cleared of furniture and any other impediments, and further that all personal and valuable items are removed from the vicinity of the work, prior to the work commencement.
- The Customer is obligated to ensure that the premises/area of work is appropriately protected from unauthorised access during hours of non-work by Woodstock Shutter Company
- The Customer shall be responsible for the provision of services and facilities (water, electrics and toilets etc.), for use by Woodstock Shutter Company operatives, unless prior specific alternative arrangements are agreed.
- Risk for loss and/or damage of all materials and equipment delivered to the Customer’s premises shall pass to the Customer upon acceptance of the delivery.
- Building permits or authorisations, including any fees or charges, required or levied by any statutory authority, company or organisation, shall be the sole responsibility of the Customer
- Woodstock Shutter Company reserves the right to refuse to undertake any work that is deemed likely to be ineffective or unsafe.
- The customer shall immediately inspect all goods upon delivery and notify Woodstock Shutter Company of any defects within one working day.
- All goods must be inspected at the point of installation. The Customer must ensure that the shutters and/or blinds are in accordance with the purchase order both for colour and design prior to installation.
- Unless otherwise agreed, it shall be the responsibility of the Customer to remove or to have removed, all impediments to the installations of Woodstock Shutter Company blinds and shutters. Such impediments shall include but not be limited to; curtain, rails and tracks, protruding handles and opening mechanisms, security locks and alarm sensors.
- Following completion of any supplied and installed items by Woodstock Shutter Company, the customer is obligated to report any faults or defects to Woodstock Shutter Company immediately upon discovery. In such an instance the Customer accepts their obligation to allow Woodstock Shutter Company access to inspect the work in order to identify the cause and/or effect rectification of the fault or defect, as appropriate. unless otherwise agreed and specified the Customer shall be responsible for any incidental redecoration or other works resulting from Woodstock Shutter Company carrying out the requested work.
TIMESCALE FOR WORKS.
- Where a specific commencement date, timescale and completion date for the works is agreed by both parties, this will be noted on the quotation. Woodstock Shutter Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage arising out of delay in the completion of the contract due to any cause beyond its control.
- If an agreed project commencement date is postponed, or a project is delayed at the request of, or as a result of Customer actions, or Customer employed other trades or companies involved in the same or a related project, it shall be the Customer’s responsibly to defray any resulting costs incurred by Woodstock Shutter Company Such costs shall be itemised by Woodstock Shutter Company and shall include, but not be limited to, labour, materials, transport overheads and profit
VARIATIONS AND CHANGES TO QUOTED WORK.
- Requested variations or additions to accepted Quotations and defined works shall be confirmed in writing, indicating the agreed additional cost, and will be subject to written confirmation of agreement by the Customer. Or if appropriate, subject to a separate quotation for signed acceptance of the work content and price by the Customer.
The Customer agrees to pay the accepted quoted price including such taxes as levied by the Government at the rate applicable at the time, in accordance with the following terms:
- a) Unless otherwise specified and with the exception as specified in clause 1. d) below, a deposit of 75% (Seventy Five Percent) of the total price (including VAT) will be required upon acceptance by the customer of the Woodstock Shutter Company quotation to cover the allocation of labour, and cost of materials ordered as required to complete the specified works. A receipt for such payments shall be issued to the customer.
- b) An invoice for the final amount of the quotation (including VAT) will be issued when an installation date is offered and/or installation date for payment by the customer a minimum of two working days prior to despatch (if via courier), delivery and/or installation by Woodstock Shutter Company.
- c) Where a Customer elects to use a Woodstock Shutter Company approved finance institution to finance their purchase, the Conditions relating to the provision of finance shall be exclusively the Terms and Conditions supplied by the finance institution as agreed between the finance institution and the Customer. Woodstock Shutter Company shall not be in any way party to the contract for the provision of finance. Woodstock Shutter Company conditions shall remain applicable to the sale of goods and provision of services by Woodstock Shutter Company.
- Unless otherwise agreed, payment of Woodstock Shutter Company tax invoices can be made by Credit or Debit Card, Bank Transfer
- Overdue invoices will, at the discretion of Woodstock Shutter Company be charged at the prevailing UK Government recommended rate of interest for overdue account
- Woodstock Shutter Company shall retain full title to any goods, materials and equipment supplied until payment of the full invoiced amount is received.
- In the event of default by the Customer in respect of any sums due, Woodstock Shutter Company reserves to right to pursue the outstanding debt via the County Court or, at the discretion of Woodstock Shutter Company, pass the debt to an approved debt collection service. The customer will be solely liable and responsible for defraying all costs associated with either of the foregoing methods of recovery.
GUARANTEES AND INDEMNITIES.
- Woodstock Shutter Company guarantees that it will maintain Employee and Public Liability Insurance at all times and provide evidence of such insurance upon request.
- Woodstock Shutter Company guarantees all installation work and hardware materials for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of installation. Wood and composite materials are guaranteed for a period of (10) years from the date of installation, or the date of delivery in the case of supply only.
- Every effort will be made by Woodstock Shutter Company to match colours (e.g. paints and stains) against samples. However due to the natural and sustainable nature of the materials used, where natural variations of grain and colour can occur, Woodstock Shutter Company cannot guarantee precise colour matching in all instances.
- Woodstock Shutter Company reserves the right to withdraw any products and colours from its range without prior notice and cannot guarantee continued availability following the execution of any accepted orders.
- Due to the exposure of shutters and blinds to sunlight and other light sources, Woodstock Shutter Company guarantees shutters against fading as a result of such exposure for a period of 5 (Five) years and blinds for a period of 1 (One) year.
- Woodstock Shutter Company shall not be liable for any guarantee if any reported defect is found to be as a result of misuse, mistreatment, poor storage/use conditions such as damp, humid or variable conditions or any situation outside of the control of Woodstock Shutter Company, that occurs at a Customer location where the materials are stored or installed.
- The Customer accepts that Woodstock Shutter Company blinds and shutters are not marketed or sold as blackout blinds or shutters and as such total light occlusion is not guaranteed.
- Woodstock Shutter Company warrants that all information provided by the Customer and held by the Company shall be treated in accordance with the 2018 UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- No Party to this Agreement shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that Party (“Force Majeure”). Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the Party in question.
- Following acceptance of the Woodstock Shutter Company quotation for the bespoke materials to be provided and work to be carried out, if for any reason the Customer should wish to cancel the contract, the Customer will be liable for all actual related costs and losses incurred by Woodstock Shutter Company up to the date of termination and as appropriate, throughout the proposed period of the contract.
- Such costs will be itemised for the Customer and deducted from any deposit amount paid, subject to it being a less or equal amount. Additional costs incurred exceeding any deposit amount, will be invoiced for immediate payment. Such costs will include, but not be limited to; labour (including design and administration), overheads, materials and special items purchased (including those ordered but not received, if non returnable), freight and restocking charges which may be applied by suppliers and labour booked that cannot be re-assigned. All such termination costs shall include Woodstock Shutter Company usual profit element up to the date of termination and if applicable, to the proposed period of the contract.
- All notifications and communication between Woodstock Shutter Company and the Customer shall be made to or from either the registered address or the operating address of the company or the usual electronic address of either party.
- Notifications and communications can be provided by post (including registered mail), courier or by e-mail. Where receipt of a notification is required it should be requested by the sender and will only be deemed as received once confirmation of receipt is received by the sender.
- All notifications and communications sent or received by either party shall be retained.
- Any contract between Woodstock Shutter Company and the Customer shall be covered under the Law of England and Wales and any dispute shall only be adjudicated under the Law of England and Wales
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites: